Come Join Us!
Open to all students, district employees and community members. $30 in pledges (or more) is all that is needed to come out and have a great time! $40 at the door. Includes lunch, 3 games, shoes and great prizes.
Download the Bowler Pledge Sheet
(Pledge Sheets and money collected should be turned in by Thursday January 16th. Have checks made payable to “Liverpool Dollars for Scholars“)
How to Participate
Step Two: Solicit Donations
- Raise at least $30 per bowler to participate ($40 or more on day of the event). When you hit $30, go for more! Ask a few friends or family for $10 or $20 in support. Explain to them you are raising money for Liverpool Dollars for Scholars.
- Be sure to let everyone know that their donations are tax deductible.
- Start early! Don’t wait until the last minute. It is never too early.
- Ask everyone you know to support you as a bowler and help the cause. Have them make a donation on behalf of you or your team securely online with a credit card or debit card in advance of the event, or CLICK HERE to download the bowl-a-thon pledge form to keep track of cash or check donations you collect.
- In addition to in-person request, send out some emails explaining why you are bowling and ask them to support you and your team by making any size contribution. Include a link to the “Donate” page. This is a painless alternative and can bring in a surprising amount of donations.
Step Three: Show Up
- Registration opens at 11:30 AM
- Have Fun!!
- Highest Student Fundraiser
- Highest Student Bowler
- Highest Community Bowler
- Miscellaneous Door Prizes
Scholarship SponsorIncludes benefits below:
- A scholarship will be awarded in your company name to a graduating senior.
- You may determine the scholarship criteria if you choose.
Event SponsorIncludes benefits below:
- Up to 5 Person Team
Lane SponsorIncludes benefits below:
- Professionally made sign with your name and logo over the lane
- Logo and link to your website on our Bowlathon.net event page
Who We Are
Liverpool Dollars for Scholars® in Liverpool, New York (USA), is the local affiliate chapter of Scholarship America®. Volunteers who believe in the potential of our community’s youth raise scholarship money for Liverpool High School graduates. The organization works with the approval and encouragement of the Liverpool Central School District. Because it is a volunteer organization, none of the money raised is used for administrative costs. Scholarship recipients are determined by a local awards committee using the Scholarship America Guide to Chapter Awards. Applications are scored and awards are made on the basis of merit, extracurricular involvement, and awards & honors earned. Dollars for Scholars does not compete with other programs. Rather, it seeks to expand the number and amounts of awards this community can provide to Liverpool High School graduates. It also may act as an umbrella for the administration of other scholarships when an agreement is reached between an existing scholarship and Dollars for Scholars. Thus, students may be required to make just one application to be considered for many awards. Students apply for scholarships online. To start a profile, click the “For Parents and Students” tab above.