About The Event
Polish that bowling ball, deodorize those bowling shoes, and get your team together to join us for the 7th Annual ACE Bowl-a-Thon! There is a maximum of 6 people per team. Registration fee is $15 per bowler if paid in advance, and $20 per bowler if you pay on the day of the event. Registration fee covers your bowling (and shoes if you need ‘em). Don’t have an entire team? Don’t worry! Just sign up as an individual bowler and we’ll place you with some great people. We will need your help to raise some money for ACE! We ask that each bowler raise at least $50 in donations to help us reach our goal of $25,000. These donations are the only money that will go to helping ACE families.
Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 2:30pm
To make this a little more fun, we will be doing COSMIC bowling! Also, we encourage each team to SHOW SOME SPIRIT with creative names, themes, and costumes. There will be lots of…
PRIZES! PRIZES! PRIZES!
There will be prizes for the most creatively dressed team, the highest AND lowest scoring teams, the most money raised by a team, and the most money raised by an individual bowler. To be eligible for prizes, teams must raise a minimum of $50 per player on their team. REGISTER TODAY BECAUSE SPACE IS LIMITED!
Corporate Sponsorships Available
Event Sponsor and/or Lane Sponsors
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How To Participate
Step 1: Organize a team of up to six people (which includes yourself)
- Recruit up to five other people to build your team (friends, family, co-workers, church members, etc.). They do not have to be bowlers or have any previous bowling experience – just be willing to raise $50 each and have fun!
- Remember if you don’t have a full team, just sign up as an individual bowler (or bowlers if you’re a couple) and we will find you a team. The registration fee is $15 per bowler if paid in advance, and $20 per bowler if paid on the day of the event.
Step 2: Register your team
At this website you will be able to keep track of your team members and donated money. Here’s how:
- Select Create Team and choose a team name – Be creative, wild, or conventional, wear costumes, t-shirts – the choice is yours! Make it fun! There will be a prize for “most spirited!”
- Team Captain sends invitations to potential bowlers from their Admin area.
- Team Captain will receive email responses from people who received invitations and want to join their team.
- Team Captain logs into their Team Admin area and add new people to their team by clicking the Add New Bowler button at the bottom of their team bowler list.
- The name of the bowler they just added to the team as a confirmed bowler can now be deleted from that team’s Pending Invitations list.
- The Team Registration Fee can be paid at any time and by any person on the Pay Registration Fee page. In addition to the small registration fee, we are asking that each team member raise at least $50 which then makes them eligible for all raffle prizes and large prize packages. Last year’s top fundraiser raised over $7,000 so shoot for the stars!
Step 3: Start fundraising!
You can direct donations to the website https://www.bowlathon.net/manage/event/ace-bowlathon-2019 where sponsors can pay with a credit card and apply the donation on behalf of an individual bowler or team. See below for some tips to get started! You can also bring cash and checks to the event.
Step 4: Show up at Brunswick Zone on February 2rd from 2:30-4:30
Arrange to meet up with your team before the event begins, so you can get your shoes, and begin bowling at 2:30. Don’t forget to come prepared for some good spirited competition and more!
- Set a Goal. You can top the $50 commitment we ask for from each bowler. Don’t underestimate yourself.
Start Early. Don’t wait until the last minute. It’s never too early.
- Just Ask. Don’t be afraid. Ask people to “help you support families with children fighting cancer.” Ask everyone: family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, your boss, hairdresser, dentist, or doctor. Remember that your friends and family want to support you, so don’t be shy!
- Share with your friends on Facebook. Share ACE Bowl-a-Thon information with your friends on Facebook. Ask them to donate, bowl or volunteer!
- Send a letter or email. Write a simple letter to friends and family members. Tell them why you are bowling and ask them to support you by making a contribution. Include a link to our donation page for online donations. This is a painless way to ask and brings in a surprising amount of donations!
- Talk to your employer. Many employers sponsor matching gift programs to match charitable contributions made by their employees. You may be able to double or even triple your gift to ACE.
Team Captain Information
Team captains will receive informational updates to share with each team member.
- When you pay your team registration fee, be sure to select “All bowlers on this team”
- You should instruct your team members to canvas their network of friends, family, neighborhood, etc. to collect donations (donations are a flat fee, not a per pin amount). Each team member’s goal is to collect a minimum of $50 per person (but don’t stop there!).
- Encourage your team members that if they ask for $10 from 10 people, they will have raised $100 for ACE!
- Get people excited about the event- try to pump up team spirit by having team themed attire and feel free to get creative!
- There are lots of prizes up for grabs:
- Highest Team Score
- Lowest Team Score
- Most Spirited
- Highest Team Fundraiser
- Highest Individual Fundraiser
About Our Organization
What Is ACE?
A Community Effort (or “ACE”) provides non-medical financial assistance to families dealing with the already tremendous financial burden of providing healthcare to a child with cancer. Often times, regular living costs can become difficult to pay in the face of expensive medical treatments. ACE aims to relieve the non-medical financial stress by paying a family’s living expenses. The bills ACE pays include mortgage/rent, electricity, gas, water, and other essential items. ACE also helps pitch in with groceries and fuel. ACE is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Imagine, if you can, receiving the worst news possible – you have a child stricken with cancer. Now picture taking significant time off from work to be at the hospital as your child goes through exhaustive treatments. The treatments aren’t enough, so you now seek a specialist in another state for several more weeks of treatment. That’s more time away from home and family; more time away from work. You remain mentally strong for the sake of your child, but you know that bills at home are now going unpaid. Mortgage/rent payments, electric bills, etc. Your family is trying to help out in every way they can, but it’s just not enough. You need some help from others, some sort of community effort, to allow you to keep your house, keep your lights on, and keep food on the table. We are that help – A Community Effort, or simply “ACE.”