How It Works
The purpose of bowlathon.net is to provide fundraisers with online tools that will streamline and ease the management of charitable bowl-a-thons. Bowlathon.net limits its participation specifically to the design, preparation, accessibility, and performance of your event’s webpages. We do not advise on webpage content, promotion, solicitation or any other matter related to your organization’s charitable event. Please ensure that your fundraising organization is in full compliance with all local, county, and state regulatory requirements. Should you need legal, financial or other assistance, please retain the services of qualified and experienced counsel.
- Locate and contact the participating bowling alley to make arrangements for your bowl-a-thon, if your organization hasn’t already done so.
- Register your proposed fundraiser on bowlathon.net.The cost for your bowlathon.net event site is $250. This fee includes the following:
- About your bowl-a-thon webpage - date, location, rules, prizes etc
- About your organization or fundraising cause webpage
- Status webpage - displays countdown to event, team/bowler listing and the fundraising goal, as well as the current donations amount
- Sponsor List webpage - displays all donor details
- Sponsor this Event - donation form page that accepts payments via Paypal** and provides payment address for mail-in checks. **If you choose to accept online sponsorships, donations, team fees, etc., open and verify a Paypal business account (if you do not already have one) in the name of your charitable organization and link it to your charitable organization's bank account.
- Register a Team webpage - allows the team captain to email invite all desired bowlers and notify them of registration details etc.
- Contact Email form that sends directly to the email provided in the registration form
- Logins for Owner/Organizer, Team Captain and Bowler
- Additional webpages and forms can be requested as needed. Custom pages may incur an additional fee of up to $100/page.
- The site includes 2 reports: a check-in list and a lane assignment. These may be helpful to have printed out for the day of event.
- Once your registration is approved, you will be contacted by email to begin the setup for your Bowlathon.net webpages, arrange payment and to gather any missing information.
- You will be notified when the setup of your Bowlathon.net event webpages is complete. We will then schedule a phone conference to review the administrative panel for the owner/organizer and send ng with an email with instructions.
- Now it's time to get the word out! Promote your event! You will be provided a dedicated URL link to your event on the bowl-a-thon.net website. Your participants will have all the details they need and a way to contact you with questions etc.
- Please make certain that all collection activity through your bowlathon.net webpages is completed within 30 days from the end of your bowl-a-thon fundraiser, at which time the event donation form (Sponsor this event page) will be deactivated. If your event is annual and you wish to use our site again the following year, please contact us to discuss storage options.
- You may also submit your event photos that will then become a part of the bowlathon.net photo gallery. You can view our current past event photos online now from the home page of the website. The photos will stay attached to your event and appear as a link if you have annual bowl-a-thons
For further information or assistance, please contact us.