It's time to strike it up and bowl over your Valentine for a great cause! There will be lots of fun, incredible prizes and plenty of opportunity to show your style, flair and spirit.
No bowling experience is necessary! Get started right away… here's what you need to do to start celebrating Valentine’s Day early:
- Organize a team of 3-4 of your friends, co-workers, classmates, family or neighbors (a maximum of 5 bowlers per team) and choose a team name. The lane will be reserved under this team name the day of the event. Be creative and have fun!
- Click Here to register your team.
- The team fee is $100 per team*. You can either donate this yourself or ask your friends, co-workers and families to donate to your team. This amount isn't due to register, but must be paid before the start of the Bowl-a-Thon. (*A team is up to 5 individuals. Special lane provisions can be made for families over 5.)
- Direct your supporters - friends and family - to the website to make their donations on behalf of your team with a credit or debit card through PayPal. Click here for tips on how to share information about your team with your supporters. Donations can also be made by cash or check. See below for more details.
- The website will keep track of your progress. It’s that easy! Let’s go bowling to "strike" Down barriers to inclusion!
- Donations can be made online through the www.bowlathon.net website using a credit card through Paypal, or by cash or check. Checks should be made out to "Down Syndrome Foundation of Florida " and these donations should be recorded on the paper sponsor form that can be downloaded here.
All proceeds from the bowl-a-thon will go towards scholarships and programming for families. You can make the difference of teaching a child to swim or opening doors for inclusion in the community and have a great time while doing it.